Thursday, April 5, 2007

Parties, a New Sandbox and Discount Dates

It has only been a little over a month since I took possession of the upper floors and created the SandBox, and I am absolutely thrilled with the response. It would appear that there is in fact a need/desire for what one respondent nicely described as “not your grandma’s condo” here on South Padre Island. (Unless your grandma operates a pool hall, of course! ;-)

Which brings me to my next topic today which is -- parties! The SandBox is perfect for them, actually. It features a large open area - especially when you throw open the sliders and utilize both decks. I have already had gatherings of as many as 30 people there and I believe the place could in fact quite comfortably accommodate twice that number. Set up the bar, uncover the pool table, stick your iPod in the sound system or gather round the the piano and - with the right people, of course - we are talking serious fun. I have already booked a wedding reception in August but this is also an excellent venue for family reunions; there are lots of other rental units in the neighborhood that offer amenities that I don’t (here’s one of them) and your big group can spread out yet be close enough to share a nearby pool and eat dinner together at the SandBox.

What’s New I am really having fun landscaping the front yard. Dad Feets put in a lovely garden path, a planter (with a pretty palm) and a new sandbox a couple weeks ago. I started a “pound up” in it yesterday and hope to start carving on it today. Photos soon!

Last minute deals (mention “spring discounts” when you e-me):

April 8-16 -- $105/night or $700/week
April 27-May 12 -- $125/night or $800/week

The peak season is filling up nicely though I still have some openings. Check my availability calendar to see what’s left.

No comments: